Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cathedral Craziness


I swore I wouldn't do this to myself, and yet here I am. It's Christmas morning, and I still have to wrap this mess of pincushions having only just finished them late last night! And truth be told, I'm one short.


I made a pair of these once before for myself, but *three days ago* I decided to give them as small gifts.  They look complicated, but they are actually pretty easy -- just a bit of fabric origami and some careful stitching. If you're interested in making your own, you can find the tutorial here.

What I really love is how well these lend themselves to scraps. You can easily use scraps or charm packs since the colored bits are all 2 1/2 or 4 1/2 inch squares. Overall, pretty awesome for a quick project. I hope they go over well!


No comments:

Post a Comment