Monday, March 11, 2013

Let the Race Begin!

The fabric for my sister's wedding quilt is here! I am definitely playing it a little safe with this color scheme, but I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this fabric collection. The navys and aquas are a lot of fun. And, the beach theme is perfect since my sisters and I used to spend a week at the Outer Banks in North Carolina as kids.

Since I'm under a deadline (wasn't this supposed to be a relaxing hobby?) I sketched out my design while I was waiting for the fabric to get here. I don't usually bother with that step, we'll see how it works out.



I fly out March 29th, so I hope to finish this by the 27th. I've bargained with Papa Bee to arrange for a few extended weekend sewing sessions, fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment