Monday, January 28, 2013

Trollish Delight

Remember troll dolls? You know, those multicolored dolls that were so impossibly ugly that they were almost cute? Well, I'm proud (and a little bit horrified!) to say that I've made something with that very quality. Three cheers for the kitschy thread catcher!

I am kitschy, hear me roar!

I made this little box to practice Oh Fransson's quilt-as-you-go-technique. Sort of a trial run *before* cutting into my beloved Japanese fabrics. It was a lot of fun, though a little work intensive for an experiment.  If you haven't try this technique I highly recommend it. I plan to finish it off with a dark grey lining, and maybe even some (lime green?) piping up top. These things require a trip to the fabric store, so it's shelved for now.

Oh, and did I mention this thing is 6 inches square? That's a lot of thread. I'm setting the bar high, but I think I can fill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment