Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sly Foxes

I needed a quick gift bag for a friend. Sounded simple enough, so I looked around some of my favorite blogs before deciding on Jeni Baker's lined drawstring bag pattern.

But then the cutest little foxes showed up in the mail. This fabric clearly deserved better than becoming experimental-and-sacrificial-gift-bag material. Honestly, Birch's organic fabrics are some of the softest cottons ever. Such a pleasure to sew with... and a nightmare to waste. So, I made a practice bag:

Which my child quickly claimed as her own. It's been filled with a collection of her treasures (read: stolen fabric scraps and Mr. Potato Head pieces) ever since.

Then, about half way through  my second bag I became hooked. Within 24 hours, I made three of these babies. Aren't they super cute? 


No comments:

Post a Comment