Monday, July 15, 2013

My Sewing Station, Revamped

I had to take a forced week off from sewing to get a bunch of projects done around the house. It was an exhausting week, but among other things, we finally got the dining room painted (also known as my Sewing Station, and the Piano Playground).  Anyone who has taken down multiple layers of wallpaper and then laboriously patched/sanded the horsehair plaster underneath knows my pain. And they can probably empathize with the nasty cough I'm sporting this week, too :)

It still felt really good to get so many of our remaining home improvement projects done. We're hoping to list the house in the fall or spring and it's starting to feel distantly achievable. A dedicated sewing room is high on our list of must-haves in the new house, but in the meantime it's very nice to look out over a finished room instead of old wallpaper. I thought I would put up a few photos since everything is nice and tidy (for a very short time!).

Here is where I sit. You can see how I'm encroaching on my husband's piano area, though this isn't even bad. Some days the piano is un-apologetically covered in fabric pulls and various WIPs.


And here is where I keep a (very small) portion of my fabric stash. Keeping my stash in different places really helps downplay the vast amount of fabric in my possession. A key tactic for sure.


I'm really looking forward to sewing for the first time in my "new" space!

No comments:

Post a Comment