Thursday, May 16, 2013

A Perfect Mother's Day



I was spoiled rotten on Mother's Day, as I hope all Moms were! Not only did I receive a new camera, but I was also given the day off to do whatever my heart desired. Naturally, I choose to sew up a strap cover for my new toy. In linen!

I even convinced myself to cut into my Heather Ross stash. I just adore her prints and treated myself to five fussy cuts. The city mouse/country mouse are my favorites here -- A mama mouse with a baby carrier, and little farmer's market treats sprinkled here and there? Come on! 


For the strap's design, I loosely interrupted this camera strap tutorial by Candace @ Saltwater Quilts. The project came together quickly and easily, though as it turns out my camera strap is a lot narrower than the average. So while Candace's tutorial includes an on-board lens cap pocket (how cool is that!?), mine is much too small and narrow for that. Not to worry though, the mini-pocket is still handy for spare SD cards.

And here we are, all set to go! Hopefully one of the last iPhone pictures around here for awhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment